Feels good to be back on a Bag o Links routine.
- Get your database size rake task – a little toy i made and Mike improved, additions are welcome.
- How facebook uses erlang for real-time chat – erlang jabber implementation, that’s got to be good.
- MapReduce for idiots – or just for those who never took the time to read.
- MongoDB vs. CouchDB vs. Mysql – mongo is fast indeed, but the atomic actions benefits of Couch are still appealing.
window, object or scope wins.
- MongoMapper and MongoSphinx, a party! – make sphinx play nice with mongo.
- Paginating with CouchREST and will_paginate – Overriding
WillPaginate::Collection.createis the solution i guess.
- Rails 3 links and resources – from rubyinside, here’s another one from Yehuda Katz on the new Bundler and real life usage.
- How to upgrade plugins for Rails 3 – also, remember to update the record on RailsPlugins
- Why Ruby? series – method arguments – a nice series of posts covering that dude’s view on Ruby.
- The building blocks of ruby – Yehuda shows the power of blocks in a set of nice examples.
- Rolling coke can CSS – nice.
- What pythonists think of Ruby – peepcode writeup.
- CloudFront – no brainer CDN for S3 – A very fast change that can help many, but i am still having trouble with CloudFront’s expiry options that do not fit any case.
- mr.flow – compose MapReduce modules online.
- HAML sucks for content – some good points added to the ongoing war.
- CloudXL – Cloud service providers – a list of Cloud service providers around, filterable too.
- Downtime postmortem – oneforty went down, this is how they are learning from it.
- How Farmville scales – the most annoying (and largest) facebook game scaling solutions.
- 52frameworks – HTML5 + CSS3 framework.
- Anatomy of a perfect sidebar – woork’s magic.
- Why Riak for your next Rails app is a good idea – Chris takes another direction in the noSQL land.
- Fake it till you make it – a faker rake task.